[rabbitmq-discuss] eacces error in RabbitMQ when trying to set up federation

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Feb 3 16:18:58 GMT 2014

I doubt it's a firewall, that should lead to "connection timed out" or
"connection refused" type errors.

SELinux is maybe a possibility.

If you invoke:

# rabbitmqctl eval 'gen_tcp:connect("172.30.42.19", 5672, []).'

on the Fedora host then that will attempt to establish a vanilla TCP
connection to the Mac. What response does it give?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal