[rabbitmq-discuss] Un used connections at broker

Lothe Shashank Shashank.Lothe at techmahindra.com
Mon Feb 3 10:47:03 GMT 2014

Hi Alan,

I have few queries regarding RMQ broker behaviour. The sequence is as follows.
1. A client created a connection (Connection A) and a queue (Queue A) (auto-delete, non exclusive, non durable) on a broker.
2. After some time I created one more connection (Connection B) and I deleted the queue Queue A. I did not destroy Connection A and is unused henceforth.

My queries are as follows.
1. What happens to the unused connection A? Will it be deleted by Broker eventually?
2. Will the resources allocated by connection A be deallocated by the broker?
3. If I create n number of connections which are unused will the performance of broker be affected?
4. Will garbage collector detect the unused connection?

One more sequence I would like to mention.
1. A client created a connection (Connection A) and a queue (Queue A) (auto-delete, non exclusive, non durable) on a broker.
2. I pulled out power cable/network cable from the client.
3. I am not sure if the broker has detected the connection failure with client as the queue A created at the broker is not deleted

Could you please clarify?

Thanks and regards,
Shashank

DISCLAIMER: