[rabbitmq-discuss] Replacing the management plugin default port

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Feb 3 10:19:15 GMT 2014

On 03/02/14 10:07, Michael Klishin wrote:

> 2014-01-30 rails <stammailbox at gmail.com <mailto:stammailbox at gmail.com>>:
>
>     I renamed rabbitmq.config.example  to rabbitmq.config (in
>     ..\rabbitmq_server-3.2.2\etc)
>

> Looks like you are on Windows.
>
> If so, it may be an issue with incorrect config file location which is
> different
> between Windows and *nix. See
>
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/relocate.html#windows

Please check your rabbit logs. They tell you whether the config file was
read and where from, e.g.

=INFO REPORT==== 3-Feb-2014::09:51:36 ===
node           : rabbit at xps
home dir       : /home/matthias
config file(s) : /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.config
cookie hash    : 7XH7GYHpuPYdcMBp7JyhCw==
log            : /tmp/rabbit at xps.log
sasl log       : /tmp/rabbit at xps-sasl.log
database dir   : /tmp/rabbitmq-rabbit-mnesia

If the "config file(s)" line says 'none' then the file wasn't found in
the expected location and hence not read.

Matthias.