[rabbitmq-discuss] Get Messages based on Exchange and Key

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Tue Apr 29 21:24:10 BST 2014

On April 29, 2014 at 11:23:51 PM, Srinath Sridharan -X (srinatsr - ZENSAR TECHNOLOGIES INC at Cisco) (srinatsr at cisco.com) wrote:

> I need to get messages from my queue based on exchange parameter
> and routing key parameter.
> How to achieve this?

Srinath,

I highly recommend reading the tutorials [1]. They cover everything you
need in order to build a monitoring tool using the amq.rabbitmq.log exchange
and also 90% of the things you’d typically do with RabbitMQ in general. In 5
languages and code examples ported to a few more.

And it takes less than 1 hour to read the first 5. Is this the kind of
time you are willing to invest in order to complete your project?

Asking every little thing here is not going to scale: RabbitMQ team is tiny
and every member but 1 is in European time zones (where it’s already well past business hours). There’s only so much hand holding we collectively can do.

The tutorials that cover *everything* you need for your monitoring project:

 * http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/tutorial-one-java.html
 * http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/tutorial-two-java.html
 * http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/tutorial-three-java.html (this one can even be skipped)
 * http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/tutorial-five-java.html

when in doubt, clarify protocol concepts and features in http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/amqp-concepts.html

If this still feels too complicated for you and your team, Pivotal offers professional
services. You can buy time of one or more engineers experienced with RabbitMQ, and they
will build what you need. Contact info at rabbitmq.com if interested.

1. http://www.rabbitmq.com/getstarted.html
--
MK