[rabbitmq-discuss] LIFO queue

Nagy, Attila bra at fsn.hu
Tue Apr 29 10:27:16 BST 2014

On 04/28/14 12:47, Simon MacMullen wrote:
> On 28/04/2014 09:22, Nagy, Attila wrote:
>> Hence, I would need a LIFO queue in RabbitMQ too.
>
> Feel free to provide an alternate implementation:
>
> http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server/file/02d1d855e4b3/src/rabbit_backing_queue.erl

I guess I would need to get some erlang skills first. :)

> On a slightly more serious note, you could use TTL + DLX to at least
> get "old" messages into a lower priority queue. But you probably
> already knew that.
In this combination (mixing priorities in) I haven't thought about that.
Sadly, to be somewhat useful, it will be much uglier and more complex
than a LIFO queue.

Is this much harder to implement on the server side, or you don't see
enough interest?

Thanks as always,