[rabbitmq-discuss] install rabbitmq problem in rhel 6.3

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Apr 29 10:24:01 BST 2014

On 29/04/14 10:19, Li Li wrote:
> thank you. I have used  rabbitmq-server-generic-unix-3.3.0.tar.gz
> any differences between rpm and tar.gz?

The rpm sets up a separate user account for rabbit, configures log
rotation, and startup scripts, etc. i.e. does everything you'd expect a
well-behaved service to do on an rpm-based system. The generic unix
install does none of that.

Unless there are compelling reasons not to, I strongly recommend you
follow the installation instructions for the specific platform, i.e. in
your case http://www.rabbitmq.com/install-rpm.html

Matthias.