[rabbitmq-discuss] Server Clustering

kein namen firesimon at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 27 15:42:30 BST 2014

Hello,

i have a question about Clustering RMQ Servers. I want to have multiple RMQ
Servers that i can switch on and off if i want. But if there more than one
server running in the LAN they should syncronize itself. I think clustering
is the right setup.

My question is how i can setup my client to use the right ip?

factory.setHost("192.168.0.51");

At the moment there a running two instances with the same hostname:

root at raspberrypi:/etc/rabbitmq# rabbitmqctl cluster_status
> Cluster status of node rabbit at raspberrypi ...
> Error: unable to connect to node rabbit at raspberrypi: nodedown
>
> DIAGNOSTICS
> ===========
>
> nodes in question: [rabbit at raspberrypi]
>
> hosts, their running nodes and ports:
> - raspberrypi: [{rabbitmqctl3224,39192}]
>
> current node details:
> - node name: rabbitmqctl3224 at raspberrypi
> - home dir: /var/lib/rabbitmq
> - cookie hash: k3Y8zd/RVr1yZFvY2SoRPQ==

AND

root at raspberrypi:/etc/rabbitmq# rabbitmqctl cluster_status
Cluster status of node rabbit at raspberrypi ...
Error: unable to connect to node rabbit at raspberrypi: nodedown

DIAGNOSTICS

nodes in question: [rabbit at raspberrypi]

hosts, their running nodes and ports:
- raspberrypi: [{rabbitmqctl2964,40862}]

current node details:
- node name: rabbitmqctl2964 at raspberrypi
- home dir: /var/lib/rabbitmq
- cookie hash: hEhcDC1Mlicw6A9QfMhtaw==