[rabbitmq-discuss] New RabbitMQ 3.3.0 Web_stomp SSL problems

Sebastien Dubois dubois.sebastien66 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 22:34:22 BST 2014

Hi all,

  Up to recently we've been using RabbitMQ 3.2.3/Erlang R15B01 with the
web_Stomp plugin over SSL.  Since this was not supported, we had to rebuilt
the web_stomp plugin using a patched branch as described
at https://gist.github.com/berico-rclayton/5475365 (also
see https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-web-stomp/pull/3).  This has been
working fine for months.

  We recently realized that the fix for SSL support in web_stomp was
systemized in RabbitMQ 3.3.0/Erlang R16B03.  So we installed it and updated
our configuration.  However, using the exact same setup and self-signed
keys/certificates, we cannot get the new version to work properly while
using SSL over stomp.  Connecting to https://<rabbit server IP>:15678/stomp
just fails, although from the log web_stomp seems to be listening correctly
on port 15678.  We tried to regenerate a new set of keys, but it did not do
anything.

Our old rabbitMQ config (patched 3.2.3 web_stomp) was:

  {rabbitmq_web_stomp, [

        {ssl_enabled, true},

        {https_port, 15678},

        {ssl_key_file, "/usr/local/ssl/private/server.key"},

        {ssl_key_password, "password"},

        {ssl_ca_certificate_file, "/usr/local/ssl/crt/public.crt"},

        {ssl_certificate_file, "/usr/local/ssl/crt/public.crt"}

   ] },

And the corresponding new config on RabbitMQ 3.3.0 is

  {rabbitmq_web_stomp,

      [{ssl_config, [{port,       15678},

                     {backlog,    1024},

                     {certfile,   "/usr/local/ssl/crt/public.crt"},

                     {keyfile,    "/usr/local/ssl/private/server.key"},

                     {cacertfile, "/usr/local/ssl/crt/public.crt"},

{password, "password"}

      ]}

  ]},

Is our config ok?  does anybody experienced similar problems or have any
idea what we could be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

/Sebas