[rabbitmq-discuss] Exchange.Unknown with Celery

Joey Jiao joey.jiaojg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 15:31:38 BST 2014

I use tcpdump to get the amqp protocol packet, which says
'Exchange.Unknown' in INFO field.
In AMQP section, I can see the error message is 'Unknown exchange message
40' or 'Unknown exchange message 51'.
I have searched the celery 3.0.18 which I'm using, only bin/celery.py has
similar error message 'Unknown {0.name} message {1}', which can be trigger
by using command like 'celery amqp exchange.unbind' or 'celery amqp
exchange.unbind_ok'.
I haven't found which process to call it, but I'm still checking with other
colleagues using celery.
I'm not at that computer, so cannot share the packet I captured. But the
error I captured is from one broker to another and we are using federation
exchanges and federation queues.

And yes, I have posted the same question to celery-users group.

--
-Joey Jiao