[rabbitmq-discuss] Federated queues with durable topic subscriptions over STOMP and ACLs

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Fri Apr 18 10:42:09 BST 2014

On 18 April 2014 at 13:38:52, Nagy, Attila (bra at fsn.hu) wrote:
> > Will try to understand this, but until that a new question has
> arisen in
> my mind:
> from the STOMP page it seems amq.topic has a special meaning in
> STOMP,
> the name is what triggers this function:
> "For SUBSCRIBE frames, a shared queue is created for each distinct
> subscription ID x destination pair, and bound to the amq.topic
> exchange
> with routing key . A subscription is created against the
> queue."
>
> Wouldn't be possible to extend this to take the exchange's type
> into
> account as well?
>
> I mean, would it work to create a new topic exchange and when I durably
> subscribe to /exchange/myownexchange.routing.key from STOMP,
> it would be
> treated the same as I would subscribe to a topic durably if that
> exchange is of topic type?

I recommend that you read

http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/amqp-concepts.html

You do not subscribe to exchanges in AMQP 0-9-1 and the STOMP plugin is built
on top of AMQP 0-9-1 entities.

What you need is a layer (exchanges) to enforce ACL. From there messages
should be routed exactly the same as STOMP plugin with durable subscriptions
would route them, that’s why I recommended fanout exchanges and e2e: this is
a way to make messages flowing into N exchanges to be routed to amq.topic.

From there it should work just as described in the durable subscriptions
section.
--
MK