[rabbitmq-discuss] Federated queues with durable topic subscriptions over STOMP and ACLs

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Fri Apr 18 10:22:40 BST 2014

On 18 April 2014 at 13:12:36, Nagy, Attila (bra at fsn.hu) wrote:
> > I can use SSL. I can use federation (by federating stomp-dsub
> queues).
> Everything works.
> Except I can't use durable topics with ACLs.
>
> What I could find so far is this post:
> http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2011-March/011762.html
> which states that I should use an exchange, but with that I can't
> use
> durable subscriptions.
>
> Is this possible somehow with rabbitmq?
> It seems the only missing piece here is to extend permissions
> to routing
> keys.
> Or is there another way to do this, without topics?

I’m afraid what Rob said 3 years ago is still true today. You can try to work
around it using exchange-to-exchange bindings but that is

 * Not something that exists in STOMP, can be done in STOMP or fits its semantics well
 * More complicated to debug
 * Less efficient

So, for every topic you’d declare a fanout exchange, bind it to amq.topic
and try durable STOMP subscriptions while publishing to the exchanges
that represent topics.

This e2e stuff is largely static and can be done once by a small service
that is started before the rest of your system. It *should* work although
I haven’t tried it on my end.

For more info see Durable Topic Subscriptions in [1] and [2].

1. http://www.rabbitmq.com/stomp.html
2. http://www.rabbitmq.com/e2e.html
--
MK