[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Deployment Architectures (for lack of a better subject)

Greg Poirier greg.poirier at opower.com
Sat Apr 12 18:55:27 BST 2014

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 8:06 AM, Michael Klishin <mklishin at gopivotal.com>wrote:

> One straightforward way of "routing" would be to use multiple exchanges
> that are federated to different "storage" clusters.
>
> You can name them sla1, sla2 and so on, for example.

Publishing definitely seems to be the easy part. This is more or less what
I had planned to do. The trick of course comes with the consumers.

> > If both consumers and producers connect to different, non-clustered
> > "router" systems, how do I configure federation to achieve this?
>
> Publishers publish to different exchanges in the "router" cluster,
> federation
> propagates messages to N "storage" clusters where consumers declare the
> queues
> they need and bind them to federated [destination] exchanges. Then consume
> messages as if they were published to their cluster.

So this would require, for example, the consumers to connect directly to
the storage clusters in order to instantiate their queues and then federate
those queues to exchanges on the router systems?