[rabbitmq-discuss] surviving a consumer disconnection using DefaultConsumer

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Wed Apr 9 12:04:05 BST 2014

 On 9 April 2014 at 14:58:24, rails (stammailbox at gmail.com) wrote:
> > Please explain:
> 1. "not just for consumer recovery,"
> Did you mean by that topology recovery or publisher recovery?
> What else is supported?

Automatic recovery recovers connections and channels, what topology recovery
does is explained in the docs:
http://rabbitmq.com/api-guide.html

> 2. What are the benefits of lyra now when the auto recovery feature
> exists?
> I have been having a hard time understand Lyra project (code in
> the lyra readme at github doesnt actually compile nor self explained)

Lyra is more flexible and (AFAIK) supports retries for publishers, which
the official Java client currently does not.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ