[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitrmq thresholds defintions

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Apr 8 17:53:10 BST 2014

On 08/04/14 08:27, rails wrote:
> Trying to create a complicated scenario I successfully made my dev VM
> crash :-)
> (Did that by creating two DLX that routed messages between them until
> ram exploded)

I was going to say "but you shouldn't be able to do that; DLX cycles are
detected when the entire cycle is due to TTL expiry".

But I'm guessing that you had DLX due to max length instead. Hmm, we
should not allow cycles involving that either.

Really a cycle should have to involve outside intervention (i.e. nack)
in order to be permitted.

Filing a bug...

Cheers, Simon

--