[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit MQ Crash

Michael Sander mes65 at cornell.edu
Tue Apr 8 08:33:17 BST 2014

Hi Matthais,

What I sent you was everything I had. However, I did check ps -aux after
the crash and rabbitmq-server was definitely not in there. I will turn off
the cron jobs that automatically restart rabbitmq, and I'll let you know if
I see it again.

Here is the output of the command.

$ sudo rabbitmqctl eval 'rabbit_misc:os_cmd("/bin/df -kP
/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnes
ia/").'
"Filesystem                                             1024-blocks    Used
Available Capacity Mounted
on\n/dev/disk/by-uuid/36fd30d4-ea87-419f-a6a4-a1a3cf290ff1    10320184
6348300   3447648      65% /\n"
...done.

Also, I'm not sure whether it will help you, but attached is a screenshot
of the rabbitmq console.  If you see the start of the top chart at 19:00,
there is a sharp increase in the queued messages.  That's when I restarted
rabbitmq after the crash.  Everything before that was flat.  Another point
to note is that it currently says that the disk space is unavailable.  I
definitely remember seeing a value there at some point before, I don't know
what causes that to occur.

I've turned off my rabbimq auto-start cron jobs, I'll let you know if I see
the crash again.

Thanks again.

Best,

Michael Sander