[rabbitmq-discuss] Consumer Cancellation in 3.3

vish.ramachandran vish.ramachandran at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 01:32:27 BST 2014

Hi,

We are planning to use the sstone client at
https://github.com/sstone/amqp-client for our scala based RabbitMQ client.

The library depends on RMQ java client version 3.2.1
"com.rabbitmq"         % "amqp-client"          % "3.2.1"

The sstone amqp client does not handle consumer cancelations in that it does
not reconsume from queue when this notification is received. Bug has been
filed and is being worked on.

However, if we upgrade our servers to RabbitMQ 3.3 can we use the same
version of the library safely. I noticed that RabbitMQ 3.3 does not require
clients to reconsume when master fails in a HA situation. The enhancement I
am referring to is:

26070 automatically reconsume when mirrored queues fail over (and
      introduce x-cancel-on-ha-failover argument for the old behaviour)

Thanks
Vish