[rabbitmq-discuss] shovel auth change in 3.3.0?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Apr 7 11:47:16 BST 2014

On 04/04/2014 16:37, Laing, Michael wrote:
> Here's an example - one shovel fails and the other works. The difference
> is the colon which, strictly speaking, perhaps shouldn't have been there
> - but used to work:

Ah right, reproduced. The difference is in how URI parsing works - in
3.2.x, "amqp://user:@/vhost" would be treated as a direct connection
with no password (i.e. assumed authenticated), while in 3.3.x it would
be treated as a direct connection with a password of "".

So it's probably a bug. I just can't decide if it's a bug in 3.2.x or
3.3.0...

Cheers, Simon