[rabbitmq-discuss] Trouble with SSL on my newly installed RabbitMQ instance

Joe Abrams jbabrams at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 17:01:14 BST 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to get SSL working on my Rabbit server, following the
instructions at https://www.rabbitmq.com/ssl.html verbatim, but am getting
this error when making connections:

=INFO REPORT==== 5-Apr-2014::15:28:48 ===
accepting AMQP connection <0.678.0> (.....)

=ERROR REPORT==== 5-Apr-2014::15:28:53 ===
error on AMQP connection <0.678.0>:
{ssl_upgrade_error,{options,{cacertfile,[47,11...

I'm following the SSL troubleshooting guide and get the above error when
trying to 'Attempt SSL connection to Broker' from the same machine.

It looks like my config *is* being read as I see this in my logs:

=INFO REPORT==== 5-Apr-2014::14:38:13 ===
started SSL Listener on [::]:5671

+++ My system details +++
Ubuntu 13.10 (I'm on ec2)
SSL version: [{ssl_app,"5.3"},
 {supported,['tlsv1.2','tlsv1.1',tlsv1,sslv3]},
 {available,['tlsv1.2','tlsv1.1',tlsv1,sslv3]}]
RabbitMQ 3.3.0, Erlang R16B01

I've banged my head on this for a day now and am not making progress.  Any
help would be greatly appreciate.  Thanks -Joe