[rabbitmq-discuss] Java Client Using DefaultConsumer vs QueueingConsumer

rails stammailbox at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 15:06:22 BST 2014

1. My DemoConsumer inherits from DefaultConsumer
I have noticed that working this way handleDelivery() is invoked from
ThreadPool.
(printing Thread.currentThread().getName() I see pool-1-thread-1/2/3/4
eachtime.
I have also tested it several times and saw that the order is saved.
Just to make sure - since different threads call handle delivery - will it
mess my order?

2. QueueingConsumer
All of the java tutorial use QueueingConsumer to consume messages.
In the API Docs it is mentioned as a deprecated class.
Should I change my code to inherit from DefaultConsumer use it? Is the
tutorial outdated?

Thanks.