[rabbitmq-discuss] configure external data store(like database) for message durability in rabbitmq

PATAR, SAGAR sp345s at att.com
Mon Sep 30 16:37:37 BST 2013

Thanks.. We don't want to handle the storage through code .. we wanted to see if rabbit mq has some option where we can point it to a database so the messages gets stored during the node crash's so that the other nodes in the cluster can pick the message and process ..

We are looking at a design where we have a clustered env with multiple nodes and has a single DB for message durability so that node failures doesn't delay the message processing ... My assumption is when we have a file store for message durability and if one of the node goes down in the cluster the messages not been consumed yet must have been stored in that node file system and will stay till the node is back up ... those message will not be accessible by other active nodes in the cluster because the file store for that node is not accessible to other nodes....and the messages will be delayed ...

I am not sure how this scenario is handled ...seems to be a common problem..