[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 3.2 and federated queues

Mariusz Gronczewski xani666 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 14:16:57 BST 2013

I've tested it for a bit and have another question: Is federating
autogenerated (amq.*) queues planned (on current nightly trying to federate
those returns "queue name contains reserved prefix amq") or it is something
that should not be used at all ?

I'm trying to fix mcollective over federated servers, the original code
used very simple method of sending request to exchange with 'reply-to'
header containing name of autogenerated queue, and server then sent reply
to that address. Obviously that didnt work over federation

My first try was just replacing reply queue with direct exchange that
client subscribed to to get replies and it worked partially, over
federation when client did simple
"subscribe(reply_exchange);publish(request_exchange), but sometimes
messages were "lost" probably because server sent reply too fast (before
federation managed to subscribe to remote exchange.

Cheers
Mariusz

--
Mariusz Gronczewski (XANi) <xani666 at gmail.com>