[rabbitmq-discuss] Acknowledging to rabbitmq Server

Saurabh Sharma saurabh.infoedge at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 13:37:12 BST 2013

Hi,
I am making a consumer framework in java for consuming messages from the
queues.
I am sharing a single rabbitmq connection and channel among 4 threads.
My question is can we store the "delivery.getEnvelope().getDeliveryTag()"
in a object while fetching the message from Rabbit and use the same
"delivery.getEnvelope().getDeliveryTag()" stored in object for
Acknowledgement after processing of message.
Processing is taking a little more time in our case , So we are thinking of
storing the "delivery.getEnvelope().getDeliveryTag()" in an Object and use
it later for Acknowledgement.
Is it fine to do so or will it casue any issue in application.

Thanks
Saurabh Sharma