[rabbitmq-discuss] Clustering - just can't get it going

Robin Lawrie - HostelBookers Robin.Lawrie at Hostelbookers.com
Wed Sep 25 16:19:28 BST 2013

Yep, really. I can't recall the error message though but after creating the cluster the web management plugin was enabled again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon MacMullen [mailto:simon at rabbitmq.com]
Sent: 25 September 2013 16:18
To: Discussions about RabbitMQ
Cc: Robin Lawrie - HostelBookers
Subject: Re: [rabbitmq-discuss] Clustering - just can't get it going

On 25/09/13 16:08, Robin Lawrie - HostelBookers wrote:
> The other issue I had in creating a cluster was that it wouldn't
> create if the web management plugin was running/installed on both nodes.

Uh, really?

If you try to create a cluster on a single machine then you need to configure management to open a different port for each node. But clusters where every node runs management are definitely supported (and indeed rather common). What error message did you see?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal

This email is from Hostelbookers.com Limited. Registered office: 52-54 High Holborn, London, WC1V 6RL, UK. Registered in England under Company No.: 2841908. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. As email can be subject to operational or technical difficulties and time delays, communications that are subject to deadlines should also be sent by post. Any unauthorised direct or indirect dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received the email in error, please notify postmaster at hostelbookers.com