[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP URIs do not support connection_timeout?

Fred Dushin fred at dushin.net
Mon Sep 23 15:59:49 BST 2013

Hi folks,

I was wondering why we don't support the connection_timeout amqp_params_network parameter in the amqp_uri:parse functions.

It seems to boil down to:

parse_amqp_param(Field, String) when Field =:= channel_max orelse
                                  Field =:= frame_max   orelse
                                  Field =:= heartbeat   ->
 try return(list_to_integer(String))
 catch error:badarg -> fail({not_an_integer, String})
 end;
parse_amqp_param(Field, String) ->
 fail({parameter_unconfigurable_in_query, Field, String}).

Would it be possible to add connection_timeout to the guard expression?

Thanks!

-Fred