[rabbitmq-discuss] x-message-ttl and restarts

Adam Mills adam at chambills.com
Fri Sep 20 20:57:24 BST 2013

If I create a queue with x-message-ttl defined with a value of a 24 hours
(in milliseconds)
Fill it with messages

Then restart the server towards the end of the 24 hour period.

Can I expect the messages to be purged at the end of the original 24 hour
period still, or another 24 hours from the time the server restarts?

Im using 2.8.4 and it seems the TTL is reapplied after a restart? Can
anyone confirm if that is by design? Or changed in latest version.