[rabbitmq-discuss] clustered ram node loosing its membership without being reset

Sigismondo Boschi net1701 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 18:24:44 BST 2013

Hi, I think this is a bug - but if it's an intended behavior, I cannot get
the rationale behind it:

I have a cluster with 2 nodes, node01 disc based and node02 ram based.
I have clustered them. Then after shutting down both, rebooting node02 it
starts in standalone mode.
Booting node01, it fails saying that node02 is no longer in cluster with
it: I would expect this behavior only in case I had explicitly reset
node02, but that is not the case: booting the RAM node without its peer let
it loose its membership - that's seems quite odd to me.

IMHO a more reasonable behavior would be that node02, when started with
node01 being down, not being able to find any reference peer, and being ram
based, should just fail.

Can you confirm this is a bug, or if the intended behavior, what is the
rationale?

RabbitMQ version is 3.1.5

Thanks,
   Sigismondo