[rabbitmq-discuss] How to disable logging in RabbitMQ

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Sep 19 10:21:15 BST 2013

On 18/09/2013 4:04PM, Nikita Trophimov wrote:
> How can i disable logging in RabbitMQ in case of durable queues and
> persistent messages? I don't want my hard drive was filled with logs.
> Maybe some option or smth like this?

You can't stop logging altogether.

You can silence connection logging (which is responsible for most of the
"noise" in a typical log file) with log_levels in the configuration
file, see http://www.rabbitmq.com/configure.html#configuration-file

You probably also want to set up something like logrotate for automatic
rotation / compression / deletion of logs. If you install RabbitMQ from
Debian or RPM packages then this is automatically done for you.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal