[rabbitmq-discuss] Regarding Rabbitmq Queue import feature

Michael Klishin michael at rabbitmq.com
Wed Sep 18 09:43:08 BST 2013

sagu prf:
> Is there any option to import all the queue messages into hard disk
> and Requeue messages on later time with that index ?

You need to stop RabbitMQ and back up its entire database directory. Then you can
restore it on a different machine with the same RabbitMQ version.

> Max number of channel on rabbitmq is 49508 right  ?is that possible to
> increase ?

it's 65536 by default. Clients can negotiate this value but in practice, I haven't seen it
done and some clients probably do not make it easy or let you configure it at all.

Why do you need more than 2^16 channels?

MK