[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ - Erlang AMQP client - mutual SSL authentication problem

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Tue Sep 17 10:35:34 BST 2013

Skorepa, Michal:

> {error, esslconnect}
>
> The broker log says:
> -------------------------
> =ERROR REPORT==== 17-Sep-2013::10:39:40 ===
> error on AMQP connection <0.9012.1>: {ssl_upgrade_error,esslaccept} (unknown POSIX error)

Michal,

According to Erlang ssl docs, this reason means that

"Server SSL handshake procedure between client and server failed"

I suspect that either party refuses to accept the certificate presented by the peer.
Have you tried connecting with openssl s_client to see if it performs
handshake successfully?

MK