[rabbitmq-discuss] Message stuck at listener queue (Some times)!!

Michael Klishin michael at rabbitmq.com
Sun Sep 15 20:13:03 BST 2013

Rohit Patle:

> But I am facing issue that some times at  my listener the message stuck into the listener queue(which is durable) at server end. And if I try again and again to publish on same queue the messages just get queued into queue and my listener unable to get the request from publisher.

It's not very clear what you mean by "stuck into the listener queue at server end". If you shut down your
consumer without acknowledging messages, RabbitMQ will notice and re-queue them. Either
use automatic acknowledgements or always ack or reject messages before consumer apps
shut down.

> My question is How I can make sure that any message should not stuck into the queue and deliver without fail to the listener??

Again, not sure what you are doing.

Messages should be delivered to consumers with respect to channel's prefetch (delivery limit) value.
By default it is "no limit".

See Tutorial 2:
https://www.rabbitmq.com/getstarted.html

for more information and please post relevant snippets of your code and maybe a RabbitMQ
management UI screenshot(s).

MK