[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ custom exchange (script-exchange installation trouble)

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 11:07:42 BST 2013

2013/9/15 skavans <vans.zarya at gmail.com>

> I want
> the 'default' consumers process messages having an absent routing key ('q3'
> for example). However, when I send the message with key 'q3' it will resend
> to alternate exchange and reject there because AE does not know what to do
> with messages with 'q3' key

Make your AE a fanout so that it routes everything to the queue named
'default'.

You keep saying "rejected", unroutable messages are not rejected, they are
either

1. Returned to the client
2. Re-published to AE
3. Dropped

In case of 2, you need to make sure that AE can route them somewhere, like
with
any other exchange.
--
MK