[rabbitmq-discuss] RABBITMQ_SERVER_ERL_ARGS on Windows

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Sep 10 10:29:18 BST 2013

Hi,

On 09/09/13 18:34, Cordell, Ron wrote:

> I would like to set the +Q parameter and it appears that I should
> use RABBITMQ_SERVER_ERL_ARGS parameter.

Note that you can achieve the same effect by setting ERL_MAX_PORTS on
current versions of Erlang.

> However, I'm not sure that this is an additive parameter to the Erlang
> Windows Service or an override.

The parameter is not used for anything else, so you can safely assign
any additional commandline parameters such as '+Q 65535'.

> My plan is to set the env parameter as +Q 65535, run rabbitmq-service
> stop; rabbitmq-service remove; rabbitmq-service install;
> rabbitmq-service start.

"rabbitmq-service remove" is actually redundant.

> Looking at the rabbitmq-service.bat file on the install stage it appears
> that setting the RABBITMQ_SERVER_ERL_ARGS parameter would override the
> other parameters in the .bat file but wanted to confirm.

RABBITMQ_SERVER_ERL_ARGS won't override anything and is the correct
environment variable to use.

-Emile