[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 3.1.5 crash: Cannot allocate 1124815738393216 bytes of memory (of type "arg_reg").

Oskar Liljeblad oskar at vergic.com
Mon Sep 9 13:06:38 BST 2013

> > > I restarted the service but I see the usual log messages regarding
> > > accepted and closed AMQP connections - now only in
> > > /var/log/rabbitmq/startup_log (which I assume is stdout) rather than
> > > /var/log/rabbitmq/rabbitmq at instance.log
> >
> > Can you please check whether the instructions given here work for you:
> >
> > http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2010-
> > January/005814.html
>
> Thanks. I added SERVER_START_ARGS="-kernel error_logger silent" to my /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-env.conf and restarted the service.
> Now I see no logging in startup_log, and I presume that's the point. Let's see if this helps. I will let you know if there is another crash.

Hello again - another crash on the server with the settings above:

=erl_crash_dump:0.2
Mon Sep  9 12:01:31 2013
Slogan: std_alloc: Cannot allocate 1121150602465920 bytes of memory (of type "arg_reg").
System version: Erlang R16B01 (erts-5.10.2) [source] [64-bit] [async-threads:30] [hipe] [kernel-poll:true]
Compiled: Sun Jul  7 05:35:15 2013
Taints:
Atoms: 27430
[..]

I can confirm that logging was disabled prior to the crash.
So next thing I need to do is log AMQP traffic?

Regards,

Oskar