[rabbitmq-discuss] Prefetch count vs unack messages

Haster haster2004 at yandex.ru
Mon Sep 9 13:05:33 BST 2013

Hi there!

If I set some value to prefetch_count field (i.e. 20) and begin to get
message from server in
Web UI I see that I have 20 unack messages.
I understand that server push to client 20 messages... but if I stop client
(and didn't send basic.ack for that 20 messages) they disappeared from unack
column. Why?

Is it a correct behaviour and server anderstand that if client hasn't read
pushed messaged - he "take it back"?