[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Shovel Bug? (Version 2.8.4)

johnson johnson at edocom.cn
Sat Sep 7 15:37:26 BST 2013

Hi,

Today we encountered a strange issue when using RabbitMQ shovel plugin (Version 2.8.4).

RabbitMQ sender  -> Source RabbitMQ server  -> RabbitMQ shovel -> Destination RabbitMQ server -> RabbitMQ receiver
192.168.1.10        192.168.1.10               192.168.1.11       192.168.1.12                   192.168.1.12

1: First we didn't start RabbitMQ receiver. The messages are stored in the "Destination RabbitMQ server".
2: Then we stop the RabbitMQ sender. And we start RabbitMQ receiver. At this time the consuming rate is around 500 messages per second.
3: Now we restart the RabbitMQ sender again. However, the RabbitMQ receiver can only consume around 130 messages per second.

So from our view, whether the messages keep coming into the "Destination RabbitMQ server" via shovel can affect the receiver's consuming rate greatly.
We wonder if you guys have met such similar issues? Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Johnson