[rabbitmq-discuss] Producer consumer parameters

Michael Klishin michael at rabbitmq.com
Fri Sep 6 19:39:55 BST 2013

Maruthavanan Subbarayan:

> Should they share same exchange and queue?

Consumers will need to share a queue to be delivered messages
that were published and routed before they came online.

> What parameters should producer exchange/queue have?

Messages will happily sit in a queue waiting for consumers regardless
of their durability but my guess is that you want durable queues and messages
published as persistent.

Consumers should not worry about how messages reached the queue so you can
publish any way you prefer (e.g. "directly to the queue" using default exchange).

> What parameters should consume exchange/queue have?

Since consumers will share a queue, they should not be exclusive, but that's about it.

> Are there error handlings to be done?

Can you be more specific? What failures do you want to handle?

MK