[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ queue durability question

Michael Klishin michael at rabbitmq.com
Tue Sep 3 11:29:50 BST 2013

Michael Klishin:

> Here's your problem. RabbitMQ Grails plugin uses two different constructors to
> create a Queue instance (that comes from Spring-AMQP, as far as I can see):
>
> https://github.com/grails-plugins/grails-rabbitmq/blob/master/src/groovy/org/grails/rabbitmq/RabbitQueueBuilder.groovy#L30
>
> Now look at the single argument constructor in org.spring.amqp.core.Queue:
> http://static.springsource.org/spring-amqp/api/org/springframework/amqp/core/Queue.html
>
> It says "The queue is durable, non-exclusive and non auto-delete".

Jan,

Please report this to grails-rabbitmq maintainers [1] with a link to this
thread [2]. They should stop using the 1-argument Queue constructor
and provide default arguments explicitly.

1. http://jira.grails.org/browse/GPRABBITMQ
2. http://rabbitmq.1065348.n5.nabble.com/RabbitMQ-queue-durability-question-td29296.html

MK