[rabbitmq-discuss] Is RabbitMQ will be depend of O/S?

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Sep 3 08:49:43 BST 2013

On 03/09/13 00:33, Codevally wrote:

> I have 2 Rabbit 2.8.2 nodes in production and both running on CentOS at
> the moment. I want to upgrade one node's OS to RedHat. Once I do that,
> can I build a cluster with CentOS Rabbit node and RedHat Rabbit node?

You can use any OS provided that the version of Erlang and RabbitMQ
match. You could even mix Windows and Unix.

If your change from CentOS to RedHat involves recreating the filesystem
and preserves the hostname then consider making a backup of the Mnesia
database directory and restore to maintain persistent messages and
resources. Also backup the config file if you have one.

-Emile