[rabbitmq-discuss] Weird behaviour with mirrored queues

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Sep 2 14:12:38 BST 2013

On 02/09/13 09:21, Dan_b wrote:
> This is correct.  The problem only presents when we use a policy with a
> higher priority to change a queue that is already mirrored by the catchall
> policy.  If we just change the nodes in an existing policy it is fine.
> Changing masters by restarting nodes also works fine.

I've replicated this. It seems to be related to changing policies in
such a way that multiple nodes are removed from queues near-simultaneously.

So you should be able to work around this. In the case where your queues
are mirrored in [mq1, mq2] and you want to add a policy to switch them
to [mq3, mq4], you can initially define a policy to move them to [mq1,
mq3, mq4] and then a few seconds later redefine that policy to [mq3, mq4].

We'll fix this in a future release, hopefully the next one.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal