[rabbitmq-discuss] Lower delivery rate than publish rate - why?

Tyson Stewart tjstewart.nbc at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 21:11:57 BST 2013

I have yet more details to add in case they help.

   - Technically, it's a 3-node cluster, but we took one of the nodes down
   last week and have not added it back in because we've had some problems
   with RabbitMQ becoming unresponsive when making those kinds of changes to
   an active cluster. So we have two reporting nodes and one down node.
   - This morning, all 15 consumers maintained 30 messages per second
   pretty constantly, but then we hit some delivery threshold (I'm not exactly
   sure where), and they started the sawtooth behavior again and has been that
   way since.
   - We see publish spikes of 2-3x the normal rate every other minute, but
   the consumers bounce from 40 messages/second to 0 four to five times per
   minute, so it's not a direct correlation between the publish spikes and
   delivery drops.