[rabbitmq-discuss] Weird error on 3.2.0 causing failures

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Oct 31 16:59:50 GMT 2013

On 31/10/13 16:47, Jason McIntosh wrote:
> Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas?  We deleted the messages,
> published them again and our consumer works fine.  This has us pretty
> confused.  The ONLY guess I have right now is some sort of funky
> character or a blank tag somehow got in, but I can't imagine what that
> would be - nothing here seems out of place.  Note, the original problem
> message was published through the management GUI.

Yeah, that sounds right - the writer process is crashing trying to
encode the basic.properties for the message in question; presumably
someone managed to publish something in the wrong format. Needless to
say, you should not be able to do that. I will try to reconstruct what
could have gone wrong, but there's not much to go on here, so if you can
give me a hint as to how to replicate this that would be very useful.

Was the broker at 3.2.0 when the message was originally published?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal