[rabbitmq-discuss] Subscription Performance

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Oct 31 12:54:50 GMT 2013

On 31/10/13 12:48, Marcos Torres wrote:
> We're publising messages with a rate between 1000 msg/sec and 2000
> msg/sec in our dev machine. This is OK for us in our current dev status.
>
> The problem is with the delivery/ack speed. We're getting at most 150
> msg/sec with all our logic disabled : this means we are just
> deserializing and ack the message.
> This is creating a bottleneck.
>
> I was excepting similar numers to publshing, now I wonder if my
> assumption is correct.

You should be able to get approximately similar performance at the
consumer end as you get on the producer end.

So with that in mind:

* Are you setting prefetch count (basic.qos)?
* Are you using a different client library?
* How many consumers are you attaching to a queue?
* What performance do you get consuming the messages with PerfTest?

$ runjava.sh com.rabbitmq.examples.PerfTest -h amqp://user:pass@server
-x0 -p -u <queue-name>

Cheers, Simon

--