[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP 1.0 client and broker side support? (.Net)

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Oct 31 09:47:41 GMT 2013

Hi,

On 31/10/13 06:43, tomm wrote:

> from https://www.rabbitmq.com/specification.html I have learned that
> AMQP on the broker side is in experimental state. What are the plans to
> fully support AMQP 1.0 in a productive manner? Is there already or will
> there be a .Net client for 1.0?

The AMQP 1.0 plugin will graduate on the basis of feedback that we
receive about its use. Nothing prohibits productive use of the plugin
right now. There are no immediate plans to develop a set of RabbitMQ
client libraries for AMQP 1.0, but RabbitMQ should interoperate with any
correct implementation. We encourage you to supply feedback about your
interoperability experiences.

> In addition are the availabe rabbitmq .Net clients for amqp prior to 1.0
> compatible to other amqp brokers?

The RabbitMQ .NET client library supports AMQP 0-8, 0-9 and 0-9-1,
switchable at runtime.

See www.rabbitmq.com/specification.html for a version compatibility matrix.

See http://www.rabbitmq.com/interoperability.html for interoperability
information.