[rabbitmq-discuss] MQTT lwt message troubles

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Oct 31 09:24:17 GMT 2013

Hi,

On 30/10/13 21:36, Tibor Mlynarik wrote:

> I have configured MQTT client with last will testament message (
> keepAlive=10sec ).
> When I close socket or kill JVM , LWT message is delivered immediatly.
> But when I just turn off connection at OS level, message is not
> delivered after heartbeat interval.
> Do I miss some configuration or it is known issue ? (RabbitMQ  3.1
> , Paho 0.4.0 )

The Last Will message will be delivered as soon as the OS detects the
connection failure and reports that to Erlang. When that happens depends
on the parameters of your network stack and the nature of the failure.
The MQTT adapter relies on the OS to make the determination of network
failure instead of pro-actively tearing down the connection when ping

-Emile