[rabbitmq-discuss] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Introducing Lyra: A High Availability RabbitMQ Client

Jonathan Halterman jhalterman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 02:49:56 GMT 2013

Hi Matthias, Michael,

Interesting scenario - thanks for bringing it up. I'd like to address this,
but I'm not sure that there's an easy way to do it with the current
amqp-client API. Unlike Bunny's VersionedDeliveryTag which Michael pointed
out, the amqp-client API doesn't have a data structure that associates a
delivery tag with the channel its message was consumed through. We could
cache delivery tags for channels internally, but I'm hesitant to go down
that road.

While Lyra certainly makes it easier for this scenario to pop up, rare as
it might be, the same problem could occur without Lyra when swapping a
consumer over to a new channel after the consumer is unexpectedly cancelled
and/or the channel is unexpectedly closed. That said, no good solutions
come to mind just yet. Do you have any ideas?

Cheers,
Jonathan