[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ is failing after installing Devstack

Jerry Kuch jkuch at gopivotal.com
Thu Oct 31 00:36:31 GMT 2013

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 8:04 AM, Shrinivas Kulkarni <shrikltc at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please need help,
>
> I have installed devstack on fedora19
> and found that  after installation completed RabbitMQ service  is not
> running
>

> How I solve this problem can anyone help me ?
>

> Here is the log :
> --------------------------
>
> [root at destiny rabbitmq]# rabbitmqctl status
> Status of node rabbit at destiny ...
> Error: unable to connect to node rabbit at destiny: nodedown
>
> DIAGNOSTICS
> ===========
>
> nodes in question: [rabbit at destiny]
>
> hosts, their running nodes and ports:
> - unable to connect to epmd on destiny: address (cannot connect to
> host/port)
>
> current node details:
> - node name: rabbitmqctl13047 at destiny
> - home dir: /var/lib/rabbitmq
> - cookie hash: s6XJ2l63F6Pz3eTZdny3UA==
>
> [root at destiny rabbitmq]#
>

> [stack at destiny ~]$ systemctl status rabbitmq-server.service
> rabbitmq-server.service - RabbitMQ broker
>    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/rabbitmq-server.service;
> disabled)
>    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2013-10-24 18:30:23 IST;
> 10min ago
>   Process: 12246 ExecStopPost=/usr/bin/rm /var/run/rabbitmq/pid
> (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
>   Process: 12218 ExecStop=/usr/lib/rabbitmq/bin/rabbitmqctl stop
> (code=exited, status=2)
>   Process: 12160 ExecStartPost=/usr/lib/rabbitmq/bin/rabbitmqctl wait
> /var/run/rabbitmq/pid (code=exited, status=2)
>   Process: 12159 ExecStart=/usr/lib/rabbitmq/bin/rabbitmq-server
> (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
>
> [stack at destiny ~]$
> [stack at destiny ~]$

So it looks like Rabbit never got running?  The 'epmd' process is the
Erlang port mapper daemon with Erlang nodes (whether they be home to the
Rabbit server itself, or the business ends of rabbitmqctl, or
rabbitmq-plugins) find one another and establish communication.

Try looking at Rabbit's own logs to see if you can figure out why it didn't
start up.  The console output is captured to files in the logging directory
in the event that Rabbit itself doesn't get far enough to start emitting
its own logging messages.

Best regards,
Jerry