[rabbitmq-discuss] queue selection based on a 'feature list'

Lawrence Freil lef at apago.com
Wed Oct 30 13:54:19 GMT 2013

Hello,

I'm attempting to create a distributed message processing system in which
messages posted requires a list of features and can only be posted to
queues which have all the required features. In addition it needs to act as
a direct exchange in that only one queue should receive a message. In
looking over both the headers and topic exchanges it seems the wildcards
are specified the wrong way around for this. For example, I have servers
which can support optional features of w,x,y and z. When I publish a
message it may require x and y. I don't care if the server it runs on
supports w and z. So what I really need is the message to support the
'pattern'' and the queues to support the 'string'. Is there a way to
accomplish this with the current exchanges?

Thanks.

--
Lawrence Freil