[rabbitmq-discuss] JMS Client with Rabbit MQ

Steve Powell steve at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 29 18:01:01 GMT 2013

There is a JMS Client (jar) that uses RabbitMQ as the server. It is available as part of our commercial offering Pivotal vFabric RabbitMQ.

You can learn more about this on the Pivotal page: http://www.gopivotal.com/pivotal-products/apps/vfabric (look for the RabbitMQ feature), and if you follow the support links you will get to the VMware vFabric documentation which describes the JMS support in vFabric RabbitMQ.

At present the JMS Client is at version 1.0.5 (using RabbitMQ 3.1.5), and this supports most of the JMS 1.1 API. However, it does not contain any support for a JMS application reading from or writing to ordinary AMQP resources (exchange/routing key and/or queues). The internal format of the messages used by the JMS client are presently JMS Java client specific and would be difficult to decode in a non-Java AMQP client (not to mention generate).

A new feature (non-JMS messages being read and written through the JMS API) is currently under development, and may form part of an upcoming release.

If you wish to seek support for the JMS Client on RabbitMQ, please send a note to support at rabbitmq.com where terms for the commercial release and requirements are fielded.

Steve Powell  [M: +44-7815-838-558; H:+44-1962-775-598; W:+44-2380-111-528]
    What I tell you three times is true.
Lewis Carroll; Hunting of the Snark: Fit the First