[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq nodedown - nodedown - Generic server rabbit_disk_monitor terminating

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Tue Oct 29 16:37:19 GMT 2013

On 29 Oct 2013, at 16:43, Michael Sander <michael.sander at gmail.com> wrote:

> Diskspace: During OCR, my app writes, reads, and deletes a lot of temporary files, so it is possible that I briefly an out of free disk space momentarily. But I ran df afterwards and it looks like I have enough space.  (see below).

Another reason may be running out of file descriptors. What’s the ulimit -n value for user rabbitmq?

> Even if I did run out of disk space, shouldn't rabbitmq be somewhat graceful about it? Perhaps it should refuse any new jobs while there is no space but then come back online once it detects there is space available.

See http://www.rabbitmq.com/memory.html.

RabbitMQ will normally block publishers until there’s enough disk space available but for some reason
disk monitor does not work in your environment, so rabbit cannot know when it runs out of disk space
or file descriptors.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ