[rabbitmq-discuss] Feature Req / Bug list

Graeme N graeme at sudo.ca
Mon Oct 28 20:31:08 GMT 2013

Ran into another interesting issue which I'm not gonna create a full test
case for right now, as I'm trying to focus on clustering problems, but I
thought it was worth mentioning.

It looks like if you have a bunch of persistent queues full of messages
(~10k each in this case), and you delete them via the API and then recreate
them immediately, Rabbit won't have finished deleting messages out of
mnesia / disk, and so they'll reappear with some subset of the messages
that were present before queue deletion.

This is definitely not the behaviour I'd expect, although it makes sense if
queue deletion happens asynchronously. Even so, might be worth revisiting
the behaviour and making sure old messages are purged on queue deletion
before letting a "new" queue with the same name be created.

Graeme